Sunday, February 5

Vissel sign Inoha!!

Masahiko Inoha

This week, Vissel made what could be one of our biggest (and totally unexpected) swoops for a player - ever! On the very same day our Kagoshima camp kicked off, the club announced that it had signed national team defender Masahiko Inoha from Hajduk Split on a full transfer. Just when we thought all the deals had been done and we were all set to see the fruit of a very active couple of transfer months, Wada now has another big name to try and somehow fit in the squad (first team).

Inoha is the 3rd ex-Kashima player we have signed this off-season and possibly the highest profile one following a successful year with national squad and a transfer to Croatian giants Hajduk in the summer. The player was rumored to be seeking a move away in the January transfer window due to a salary dispute, with Spain the most likely destination. However, Vissel were able to convince him that a move back to the J.League would be a better choice, both for him and us.

Inoha comment
"After thinking about whether I should continue playing in Europe or return to the J.League, I decided to accept an offer from Vissel Kobe, a club with a clear direction and vision where I could see myself playing a role. Making this choice was the hardest two weeks of my life. However, I am both thankful and excited to be able to play a role in changing the history of Vissel Kobe. There will be varied opinions as to the decision I have taken, but I am a professional footballer. I will take responsibility for the choice I have made by helping Vissel become a successful club. I will do my talking on the pitch."

Woohoo!

No comments: