Thursday, April 3

I'll take it!!

Well, the game against Chiba Ichihara JEF United (I get Chiba, Ichihara is the company that owns them - hahaha!!! - JEF I'm confused on, and I have NO idea exactly how they became United) wasn't top tier as far as what we've seen this year, but keep in mind that we've had Leandro at tip top shape so far this year. They will have to get used to playing without him. Here is my suggestion:

Start Norio Suzuki. Get him to take the corners and the free kicks near the goal.

We all saw what happened, and for those of you who didn't, here's a little recap:

The ball hit the goal in the perfect spot - top shelf corner. The keeper never had a hint of a chance, and the bar (Hub this time) went friggin nuts. As I haven't found a video yet, this will have to suffice for now.

I was up on the level with my back to the wall, and it soon became like a bleacher, that is meant more for standing on than sitting on. I ended up leading the whole bar in chants and calls along with Taichi and Ma-chan (ask and I'll explain the nickname. His real name is Ken).

I know we only got a point out of it, but with an 88 minute goal, i'll take it and let Chiba feel like crap.

Thank you Norio, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ichihara is a city on the border of Chiba city, and both are designated as the hometown of the team.

"United" was selected to copy foreign teams using the name, and in this case is meant to signify the unity of the team and the people of the area.

"JEF" is a conglomeration of Japan-Rail East and Furukawa Electric, the main sponsor and former company controlling the team, respectfully.

It all combines to make one astonishingly average team destined for relegation one of these years.